It’s Time to Talk about Sexuality with Brenna Blain.
Powered by RedCircle
Listen on Apple Podcasts | Listen on Spotify
God’s Joy is Only the Beginning
Last week, we discussed the joy of the Lord and how it led Him to despise the shame that the cross brought. However, we would be remiss to stop there. It’s because of the Lord’s joy that we have motivation to grow more intimate with Him in every way.
Hebrews 12 doesn’t just stop at the conversation about joy. The chapter continues to talk about the discipline a loving father offers, the opportunity to strengthen weaker Christians who are in danger, and the balance between peace and holiness.
Although we don’t like discussing holiness in our culture today, we must acknowledge our need for it. As a teacher, I often notice how poorly managed our classrooms are when teachers are imbalanced in their approach to the children. Let’s talk about it in light of God’s word.
Today, we’re reflecting on Hebrews 12:13-14 ESV
And make straight paths for your feet, so that what is lame may not be put out of joint but rather be healed. Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord.
Women You Should Know
D’Andrea Heckard is the beloved wife of David, the loved mother of five, the sugga to three grandchildren, and the encourager to many who meet her. She is a woman of the Word and prayer, and she is a writer as well. D’Andrea has made the Lord’s work her life’s work, and she commits to encouraging others at the local church she and her husband lead, as well as through a ministry call The Ladies Lounge. Get connected to her at Equipped Church and The Ladies Lounge.
Brenna Blain is a wife, mom, christian speaker and writer from the PNW. She has a BA in Theology and Biblical Studies from Multnomah University and uses her degree to help christians pursue a deeper and more authentic relationship with the living God.
While she speaks on many topics, Brenna is most passionate about God’s involvement in our pain and personal struggles including mental illness, same sex attraction and abuse. You can get connected with Brenna and everything she’s doing at brennablain.com.
We referenced two other podcasts on this show that you should definitely continue to listen in to: Theology in the Raw with Preston Sprinkle and Yas And Amen with Pricelis Perreux-Dominguez.
I asked Brenna:
- How did you fall in love with Jesus?
- Jesus calls us to bear our cross and do difficult things. In your opinion, is it more difficult to deny your sexual attraction than someone who has been called to deny their flesh something else, and what would contribute to that?
- What are some of the hardest things you’ve endured as a result of your work?
- I’ve met God in the middle of some of the greatest pain I’ve ever experienced. Can you speak to us about the sweet things the Lord has allowed you to enjoy in the middle of your surrender?
- We live in a sex-obsessed culture, and it only seems to be getting worse. How do we engage with the culture in a way that is relevant and helpful while not allowing other important conversations to be lost in the middle of it?
- How do we steward conversations about marriage and singleness in the Body of Christ with integrity?
- What scriptures strengthen your walk with the Lord and give you hope as you continue to encourage the Body of Christ?
- Can you tell us about your work to help people interact with hard questions and where they can connect with you?
Find All of the Things Brenna Has Going On
Read My Newest Devotional on YouVersion 🥳🥳🥳
Thinking of launching your own podcast? Want to think about new equipment? Interested in doing more for less? Get a copy of my free guide: Liv’s 7 Podcasting Essentials!
The first step to walking freely in your calling and engaging in collaboration is to understand how your confidence connects to it. Are you the Queen, the Creative, or the Conqueror? Take my 2 Minute Quiz called Confident Collaborations to identify some of your natural strengths and how to leverage them in your collaborations.
Want to Show Some Love 💗
Rate and review the podcast here on Apple and include your IG handle in the review so I can send over one or two of the books our recent guests have published. It will bless the guests, as well as myself, more than you know.
Meet Your Host
There is nothing Liv loves to talk about more than the Word of God. She is a Bible teacher, speaker, and writer. Liv is passionate about helping women enjoy intimacy and confidence in Christ. When Liv is not writing, teaching, or podcasting, you can find her hiking a mountain, taking a road trip with her husband, or curled up in the corner with a good book. You can connect with Liv on IG at @candidliv.
Meet Your Cohost
Tonya is a believer, wife and mother of 3 littles. Her profession as a public servant is to help guide people through the family support process.
In her personal and volunteer time, Tonya loves to communicate the gospel of Christ and share messages of hope through IG.
Tonya is the founder of CWMS, a mentorship network that allows Christian women to connect, share and grow as they journey with God. Connect with Tonya at tonya.impactfully.
+ view comments . . .